UEG Simulator Workshops
The UEG Simulator Workshops are designed for physicians, surgeons, registrars and resident medical officers and combines eLearning with high fidelity Vimedix ultrasound simulators to provide high-quality ultrasound training courses. The future of practical skill-based learning.
These courses will provide the knowledge base and practical skills in performing Focused Cardiac Ultrasound (FCU) in TTE and TOE, ultrasound for peri-arrest, ultrasound for lung and ultrasound-guided vascular access with realistic ultrasound simulators.
What each course offers
- Reading materials compatible with iPad, Android and Windows tablets or an internet browser
- Automated marking and tracking of progress during the course
- 3D animation displayed next to the ultrasound images
- Learning at your own location and pace
- Access to simulators throughout the week
- Enhanced interactive reinforcement exercises with immediate feedback
- Pathological case scenarios
- The temporary loan of hand-held ultrasound machines
Each course has the convenience of being primarily self-directed. Access to the simulators is allowed over a 4 week period. An initial 3-hour group training workshop is used to start the practical instruction. Thereafter the course is completed individually and at the students’ own pace.
Each course provides 20 – 30 hours of learning time, with most students reaching completion in 1 – 2 months.
CME and CPD activity
Upon completion of our courses, fellows are eligible to claim CME/CPD.
See our guide to claiming CPD for more information.
The courses are currently conducted at University of Melbourne and Royal Melbourne Hospital but institutions may opt to set up the courses using own their own simulators. See more information about Simulator eLearning Courses for Institutions.