Anaesthetists, intensive care, and emergency department physicians, and surgeons who wish to learn how to use Point-Of-Care (POC) transoesophageal guidance techniques
The Focused Cardiac Ultrasound Transoesophageal Echocardiography (FCU TOE) Course offers a comprehensive knowledge base through learning practical skills in transoesophageal echocardiography to complement clinical evaluation. The course is also suitable for those seeking training in cardiac anaesthesia and intensive care. The participant will learn practical skills in focused TOE, also known as focused cardiac ultrasound (FCU) and additional learning that outlines both normal and pathology cases relevant to anesthesia, critical care, emergency medicine, surgery and internal medicine.
- Acquire the TOE views
- Understand haemodynamic State Assessment
- Perform limited valve assessment using 2D and colour flow Doppler
- Putting it all together – doing a iHeartScanTM
- Writing a iHeartScanTM report
- Practical experience in performing and reporting an iHeartScanTM on simulated and real patients