Anaesthetists, Intensive Care, and Emergency Department Physicians and Surgeons who wish to learn how to use Point-of-Care transthoracic ultrasound guidance techniques.
The Focused Cardiac Ultrasound Transthoracic Echocardiography (FCU TTE) course is designed to develop the basic proficiency in TTE that will allow participants to begin using echocardiography to complement their clinical evaluation.
The course comprises of an online learning component including tutorials, case studies and online assessments. All learning materials can be downloaded at the participant’s own convenience using iPad, Android or Windows tablets, or can be accessed online using an internet browser. Participants should allow 20 – 40 hours study time.
The theoretical knowledge is reinforced with a hands-on practical workshop where participants will learn to image a range of normal and pathological cases using high fidelity Vimedix Simulators.
Each 3-workshop caters for a maximum of 5 participants per simulator, allowing for focused group learning with an experienced trainer.
- Acquire the TTE views
- Understand haemodynamic State Assessment
- Perform limited valve assessment using 2D and colour flow Doppler
- Putting it all together – doing a iHeartScanTM
- Writing a iHeartScanTM report
- Practical experience in performing and reporting an iHeartScanTM on simulated and real patients