Book 2018 workshops now to receive early bird rates*
Surgeons, Physicians, Registrars, Resident Medical Officers and Medical Students who wish to learn to perform lung ultrasound and identify patterns of lung pathology.
The Focused Ultrasound Simulator Education (FUSE) Lung Ultrasound Course will teach participants to perform lung ultrasound and identify patterns of lung pathology, including normal, pneumothorax, pleural effusion, pulmonary oedema, minor and major consolidation. It includes practical training of how to perform safe ultrasound-guided drainage of pleural effusion using an ultrasound machine, mannequin-simulator using commonly used seldinger-technique equipment.
- Understand the clinical uses of lung ultrasound
- Understand lung and diaphragm anatomy and its relation to chest wall
- Perform a standardised lung ultrasound examination in the erect and supine patient
- Understand the ultrasound appearance of lung pathology and its limitations
The Lung simulator course is delivered in four components:
- Pre-reading eLearning tutorials and 20 online case studies.
- Three-hour workshop. To learn how to acquire images and how to use the simulator.
- Post-workshop Case Studies and Exam. 10 online cases to perform using the simulator. In their own time, the participant will work through a case study, acquiring images, interpreting pathology, writing a report and completing assessments relevant to the case. At the end of this stage, there is an online MCQ exam.
- 30 online logbooks to record clinical activity cases performed on patients.
Completion of the course requires a 70% pass mark of all pre-reading cases, simulator cases, and exam.
Students have the flexibility to study in their own time and location. Program materials can be accessed through the Education app on smartphones and tablets with iOS, Android or Windows systems. Once the program materials have been downloaded on smartphones and tablets, all the interactive media content can be viewed even when offline (however, internet access is required periodically to login or re-verify login credentials). Program materials can also be accessed online using a web browser.
*early bird rates valid until 01/01/2018